This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings From North Carolina

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lori B, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Lori B

Lori B New Member

Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    Hi, y'all! I'm getting back into the aquarium hobby after a 30 year plus break. I'm starting my first planted tanks. I have a 20g and a 10g that I'm growing plants in. I have a 44g corner tank that's waiting in the wings until I finish moving.

I have way more plants than fish (only 6 white clouds that I used for cycling.) I'm currently having a love affair with Anubias nana petite. I can't get enough of that stuff. I also love Staurogyne repens. I have a variety of easier plants like Java fern. I find aquascapes can be gorgeous no matter how rare or difficult the plants are to keep. I love red and purple plants and recently acquired Alternanthera Reineckii Rosanervig and a pretty pink Tiger lotus. The color is really beautiful. I find mosses to be very helpful. I was told of a good method for growing moss carpets and I've started growing those out for other hobbyists. It's kind of odd to have a green thumb for moss but I can't complain.

For about 8 months I've been using DIY CO2, but I'm in the process of switching to pressurized. I've upgraded my lighting from fluorescent to LED. I find it's easier on my eyes. I hope the white clouds feel the same way. I'm dosing Flourish weekly and Flourish Iron as needed. I started with Black Diamond substrate in my small tanks but in the 44 I plan to use Eco-Complete over a bed of worm castings. My clean up crew is 4 cherry shrimp and a handful of Malaysian trumpet snails. My white clouds love live grindal worms. Hopefully what the critters miss eating becomes plant food.

That's about it for my current aquarium work. I look forward to chatting with you.

Lori

2. Neil Frank

Neil Frank Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:59 PM
  3. Lori B

Lori B New Member

Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    I'm in western NC. Raleigh is quite a drive for me. If I get the chance I'd love to go.