This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings from Indonesia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jipan, Aug 17, 2017.

1. jipan

jipan New Member

Local Time:
    3:58 PM
    Hello. I'm Pan from Indonesia.

I've been wanting an aquarium since I was in middle school but only able to afford it now after I have a job of my own. Thinking starting small and see where it got me before going big so I buy an 56l tank.

I used about 1 to 2 cm garden compost as substrate (varied by location), capped with silica sand. I can't scape for my own life, so I just plant left and right! Currently had 11 neon tetra, 6 glowlight tetra, 3 locally caught shrimps (i think some kind of ghost shrimps) and one dwarf gourami (sunset color). And a pair of endler's-guppy hybrid and two threadfin rainbowfish (I know I'm overstocked. I'm greedy! I'm going to move the tetra on another tank yo reduce the load). Oh and gazillions of snails. And two assassin snails (which made good works cleaning snails).

Currently had little bit hair algae (I think that what it called). Not many just some on sunset hygrophila and Java Fern leaves. Used to have problem with diatom algae but ramshorn snails took care of it. Now just some brush algae on moss and hair algae. Going to reduce the light from 8 hours to 4 hours of so.

Ill try to upload a picture or two.

DutchMuch likes this.
  2. jipan

jipan New Member

Local Time:
    Here is a picture of my tank. It has no fish on it because I was just finished cleaning the tank. I did 100% water change because I got rot on three anubias. Two died. One is still hanging in there, I cleaned all rotted part of it and I though I saw new root and leaves grow so I hope it survived. I also siphoned all of mulm I can see, and did some plant move and replanting.

Overall I'm quite pleased with this tank, there are no difficult plants, most plants are either weeds or easy to care.

IMG_20170812_081611~01~01.jpg

#2 jipan, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    toads74, DutchMuch and snarkingturtle like this.
  3. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:58 AM
  4. jipan

jipan New Member

Local Time:
    Thank you! It really didn't had any scaping, I had zero eyes for scaping lol.

Anyone here can give me pointers how to make my rotala straight? Mine just grow to all directions!

DutchMuch likes this.