This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings From California!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Barliman, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Barliman

Barliman Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:19 PM
    Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Anthony and I've been keeping fish off and on since the early 70s, when metal-frame tanks and box filters were "high tech."

Nowadays I'm in the process of turning my apartment living room into a fish room that the fish allow me to share. I've a heavily planted 20-long, another 20-long cycling, with plans for a 40 breeder and a Spec V. And I occasionally cast covetous eyes at the wall space taken up by the couch. :rolleyes:

I love aquatic plants and I've had some moderate success keeping them, even going to the extent of setting pressurized CO2. Boy, is that ever a growth accelerant.

Anyway, it's nice meeting you all, and I hope to learn lots here. :D

2. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    8:19 PM
    Welcome to the forum Barliman

Ah, those were the days, 'member when those tanks needed reconditioning ... made for some cool summer projects. Is the 40 breeder planned or already running ?

Hope you have a great time here and learn lots of interesting things.

3. Barliman

Barliman Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:19 PM
    Thanks for the welcome. :)

The 40 is in the late planning stages: I have the tank and almost everything I need except a stand. Haven't been able to find one for sale, and I don't have the space or skills to make one. I might have to go with a heavy-duty storage rack from Home Depot, but, as this is for the living room, I'd like to avoid that.

As for what goes in the tank... I'm leaning towards Asian: I've fallen in love with Black Ruby Barbs and stock the tank around a school of those.

The planning is half the fun. :D

Tags: