This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

green spot algae

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Janflo, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Janflo

Janflo Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:44 AM
    I have lots of green spot algae on my 55 gallon tank, what is this tank lacking.... I currently dose with seachem fertilizers according to there chart for a 55 gallon. It is heavy planted....pressurized c02..etc.
    I heard greeen spot algae was a lack of phosphates, should I be dosing more phospates, and then I also read it was a lack of potassium..Confussed..

Lighting, is 2x 54 wt t5 high output lighting , with lighting on for 5 hrs off for 2 hrs, and on for anohter 5 hours, with total 10 hrs daily... any help would be appreciated..

2. tedr108

tedr108 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    2:44 AM
    Below is an excerpt from: Aquarium Algae ID (updated 16th Spet '08)

I've had some GSA up high on my aquarium glass in pretty much all of my tanks -- both CO2 and non-CO2. Also, if I put anubias in a higher light area, they will get some on their leaves. But, I got some Nerite snails (as mentioned in the above article), they totally wipe this stuff out ... both from the glass and the anubias (I have since learned to put anubias in darker areas). I think also that some plecos will take this stuff off of glass -- maybe rubber noses, but I'm not sure.