This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Green Spot Algae

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by anthonyt987, Mar 31, 2020.

1. anthonyt987

anthonyt987 New Member

Local Time:
    10:25 AM
    I have a tank thats been running for about 5 months now and I keep getting green spot algae on my hardscape only. I know its usually a po4 deficiency or just a dirty tank but I vacuum up all the mulm/waste each water change. I have a twinstar 600 ea on the tank and I wanted to push more par by lowering the legs on the light, but I noticed every time I do that the GSA starts growing crazy, I assume since the light is lowering and I need to balance it out with more co2 and ferts?

still new to this but researched most from dennis wong,any advice would be helpful to get rid of this algae.
    I dose apt complete accordingly and get 1 ph when lights first turn on.

2. bshenanagins

bshenanagins Junior Poster

Local Time:
    11:25 AM
    Any reason you want more par? If just your hardscape is getting it but plants are healthy, you can’t really do much to control it. One of those inevitable high light algaes