Green Neon Tetra

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Not really aggressive IME.
You can ask most LFS's to get them for you.

puopg

Guru Class Expert
Nov 19, 2012
Sacramento
Just got 10 a few days ago. Wish they weren't covered in Ich though. I hope the Salt + Heat will do the trick. Last time i fought Ich, i lost when i tried without salt.

ICH Update
Day 3: I appear to be winning this time. DAT SALT
Day 4: Ich seen on fishes, This i was expecting as it hopefully will be the last iteration of their cycle.
Day 12: All Ich is gone, maintaining temp for a few more days then slowly reducing back down to 72.

Last edited by a moderator:

puopg

Guru Class Expert
Nov 19, 2012
Sacramento
Anyone know why my GNT's school when the filter and powerhead are off, but when the current is back on, they kinda just roam around the tank? I love the schooling but i need the current and surface agitation...

thegasman

Subscriber
Aug 25, 2012
Anthem, AZ
I would like to know too. I have this happen with my cardinal tetras, harlequin rasboras, and oto cats when I turn off all of my pumps to do a water change. All of them school most of the time, but not like when the flow is off. This is especially obvious with the oto cats. They never school unless the flow is off.

scottward

Guru Class Expert
Oct 26, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
This will be a security thing. Normally you have the filter and powerhead on, so the fish become accustomed to this and "relax". When you switch it off, the fish sense this, probably "worry" and therefore form their school.

Scott.

lordadamar

Junior Poster
Apr 29, 2013
Ill tell you where to get them, just so the mods know im not working for or advertising for anyone just helping out the community...

Green neons are commonly in stock where I get some of my fish, He has quality stock, always arrived healthy...www.freshwatertropicalfishonline.com

He has some for sale right now 100 count for $90 plus shipping or 25 count for $32 plus shipping... His shipping is only overnight around $65 and these could be Wild caught...