This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Green Hair Algae Treatment

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by MrFish, May 23, 2019.

1. MrFish

MrFish Junior Poster

Local Time:
    12:24 PM
    I have a tank that has been out of commission for a number of years yet still holding water and plants somehow, along with a lot of hair algae.
    There are quite a number of crypt balansae which I want to pull a couple out and clean them up for a another tank that I have started to give some care to but need to make sure I can get rid of the hair algae.

My idea is to remove a few and treat them in a large pickle jar away from everything else which in my mind would allow me for maybe a stronger or more definitive treatment. Roots would be exposed during the treatment. I am just unsure what to use to not damage the crypts. ie. weak bleach solution at 5% or 10% and what duration, or another way? I also have Potassium permanganate at my disposal but no experience with it in case it can be used.

Hope someone is able to offer their experience.

Nodine likes this.
Tags: