Goofed Again!!!

[email protected]

Prolific Poster
Apr 24, 2005
Vermont
Hi,
I goofed again. I misread the instructions on my Plantex CSM+Boron+Iron and grossly overdosed my aquarium. I dosed straiight powder instead of from a solution. As a result I added just over a teaspoon to my 39 gallon tank - about 30 gallons of water. I did a 50% water change. I'm afraid to do more because I just did a 50% water change yesterday and I don't want to clear out all the bacteria. Am I OK? Should I do more water changes? I have a whole house carbon filter I could cycle the water through also.

Feeling kind of embarrassed,
Bill

Paul

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Droitwich, UK
Re: Goofed Again!!!

You are not the only person who has overtdosed on ferts, I did it a while ago as well... :mad: I put some carbon in after a waterchange and did a second water change the next day as well

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States
Re: Goofed Again!!!

I goofed again. I misread the instructions on my Plantex CSM+Boron+Iron and grossly overdosed my aquarium. I dosed straiight powder instead of from a solution. [...]Feeling kind of embarrassed,
Bill

We've exchanged emails privately and I congratulated you and welcomed you to the club ... we have all done something like this at some point in time. And many of us will do something just like this sometime in the future.

The most common one is to dose a Tablespoon of something when we intended to dose a teaspoon ... so these things happen all of the time.

My only REAL concern I expressed to Bill was the probably toxic level of Copper to any shrimp he might have had ... in general, most of his plants will be quite happy as they suck up 100% of what they are capable of ... he has started to do some water changes and he will be in great shape ... in a couple days, he will have "reset" his tank so to speak !!!!

It's always scary to do something like this ...

Greg