This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Goofed Again!!!

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by stcyrwm@adelphia.net, May 3, 2005.

1. stcyrwm@adelphia.net

stcyrwm@adelphia.net Prolific Poster

Hi,
    I goofed again. I misread the instructions on my Plantex CSM+Boron+Iron and grossly overdosed my aquarium. I dosed straiight powder instead of from a solution. As a result I added just over a teaspoon to my 39 gallon tank - about 30 gallons of water. I did a 50% water change. I'm afraid to do more because I just did a 50% water change yesterday and I don't want to clear out all the bacteria. Am I OK? Should I do more water changes? I have a whole house carbon filter I could cycle the water through also.

Feeling kind of embarrassed,
    Bill

2. Paul

Paul Guru Class Expert

Re: Goofed Again!!!

You are not the only person who has overtdosed on ferts, I did it a while ago as well... :mad: I put some carbon in after a waterchange and did a second water change the next day as well

3. Greg Watson

Greg Watson Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Re: Goofed Again!!!

We've exchanged emails privately and I congratulated you and welcomed you to the club ... we have all done something like this at some point in time. And many of us will do something just like this sometime in the future.

The most common one is to dose a Tablespoon of something when we intended to dose a teaspoon ... so these things happen all of the time.

My only REAL concern I expressed to Bill was the probably toxic level of Copper to any shrimp he might have had ... in general, most of his plants will be quite happy as they suck up 100% of what they are capable of ... he has started to do some water changes and he will be in great shape ... in a couple days, he will have "reset" his tank so to speak !!!!

It's always scary to do something like this ...

Greg