Good reliable parts to built a pressurized co2 system

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
975
0
16
NYC
Hi,

I will need advice what good and reliable parts such as regulators, needle valves, solenoids and so on to buy for a co2 system that will be use for two tanks, 55g and 30g (one regulator). I know almost nothing about this but, I do know that a lot of members on this forum have a lot of experience about pressurized co2 and can help me out.
 

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
2,319
4
38
California
The best all around thread on the topic is the one started by Left C. Left C is the one who started the whole dual stage movement in planted tanks.You won't find better info anywhere on the internet.

Take some time, read through the thread, and you'll gain as much info as you need. HIs thread is all that I needed to build several dual stage regulators.

Here is the only real link you'll need:
http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.php/6470-Dual-Stage-Regulators

Every bit of info you will need is linked and discussed there.

Do your research! ;)
 

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
2,319
4
38
California
Np. That's where I started...(plus I bugged the hell out of Left C via pm...LoL)

Take some time on a day off...have a beer or two and delve into the world of dual stage regulators. In truth, all the info you'll ever need is there. I posted my builds and sources there, too.
 

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
2,500
1
36
69
Burlington, NC
Matt F.;57219 said:
Np. That's where I started...(plus I bugged the hell out of Left C via pm...LoL)

Take some time on a day off...have a beer or two and delve into the world of dual stage regulators. In truth, all the info you'll ever need is there. I posted my builds and sources there, too.
... and popcorn too.

popcornnommer.gif
 

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
2,500
1
36
69
Burlington, NC
barbarossa4122;57109 said:
Hi,

I will need advice what good and reliable parts such as regulators, needle valves, solenoids and so on to buy for a co2 system that will be use for two tanks, 55g and 30g (one regulator). I know almost nothing about this but, I do know that a lot of members on this forum have a lot of experience about pressurized co2 and can help me out.

How are you coming since the last time that we spoke? I know that you want a really good system.
 

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
975
0
16
NYC
Left C;57320 said:
How are you coming since the last time that we spoke? I know that you want a really good system.

Hi,

OK. Someone is building one for me and it will be ready in about 10 days or so. Now, I want to built one myself for the 10g tank and I am checking ebay for individual parts. The problem is that I do not know which model/series of Victor or Concoa regulators to buy. One part at the time, I want to get the regulator first and then the other stuff. Btw, I am the highest bidder so far for a new Cornelius regulator, $25.00 +13.00 shipping.(good price?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...65918&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_484wt_1156

It may look very simple to you guys but, for me not knowing fittings, measurements, tools and stuff it is not that simple. Any time I need something fix for my house I call the "experts".
 
Last edited by a moderator: