This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Good ratios for tank measurements

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by hanno, May 8, 2009.

1. hanno

hanno Junior Poster

Local Time:
    3:57 AM
    Hello together,

I've seen that Amano doesn't use standard tank sizes as they're common in the shops. I also think that standard sizes often don't look good by some reason. So I wonder if there are golden ratios for tank sizes or for special layout purposes. Who has experiences with this topic?

KR.
    Hanno

2. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Fibinacci ( can't spell his name ) ratio is 1.6:1 ( from memory which may be faulty ). This is typically regarded as one of the most eye pleasing ratios. Plastic surgeons have used this to create a "mask" for facial surgury. The closer the end result to this mask the more universally "pretty" that person is regarded across the population spectrum. You might try to use something like that.

-
    S

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Shorter tanks and moire front to back depth.

Length needs to match those two.

I think 18" tall, x 24" front to back and about 72 L is a nice shape, or 36L, X 16H X 20-22D etc.

This matches well with the sizes on many aquatic plants.
    24" is a bit too tall for many designs(but not all).

Regards,
    Tom Barr