Good ratios for tank measurements

hanno

Junior Poster
Dec 21, 2006
Hello together,

I've seen that Amano doesn't use standard tank sizes as they're common in the shops. I also think that standard sizes often don't look good by some reason. So I wonder if there are golden ratios for tank sizes or for special layout purposes. Who has experiences with this topic?

KR.
Hanno

shoggoth43

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2009
Fibinacci ( can't spell his name ) ratio is 1.6:1 ( from memory which may be faulty ). This is typically regarded as one of the most eye pleasing ratios. Plastic surgeons have used this to create a "mask" for facial surgury. The closer the end result to this mask the more universally "pretty" that person is regarded across the population spectrum. You might try to use something like that.

-
S

hanno;36478 said:
Hello together,

I've seen that Amano doesn't use standard tank sizes as they're common in the shops. I also think that standard sizes often don't look good by some reason. So I wonder if there are golden ratios for tank sizes or for special layout purposes. Who has experiences with this topic?

KR.
Hanno

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Shorter tanks and moire front to back depth.

Length needs to match those two.

I think 18" tall, x 24" front to back and about 72 L is a nice shape, or 36L, X 16H X 20-22D etc.

This matches well with the sizes on many aquatic plants.
24" is a bit too tall for many designs(but not all).

Regards,
Tom Barr