good quality net

hani

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2007
who makes a good quality net? can you get a seamless one?
thanks

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
I Prefer Netless Capture

Hi Hani,

I tend to think this style of net is good for general use. http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewI...ucts&idProduct=PY1111&IdCategory=FIMTFN&tab=1

I have some fine nets I use for live food. I think I got them from Florida Farms. I have some specialized nets to avoid harming Corys. I have a bunch of netting material that I use for various purposes, mainly cleaning and maintenance.

I like having an assortment of rounded and rectangular nets. :cool:

Honestly, I do not like capturing most critters with nets that is kind of a last resort for me. :eek:

Biollante

hani

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2007
So, how do you capture them, I fly fish but...
hani

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Knowin' The Moves

hani;53759 said:
So, how do you capture them, I fly fish but...
hani

Hi Hani,

Depending on the critter, I use my hands, a jars and rectangular boxes of various sizes. :gw

For some trickier critters or if I need them in large numbers, traps, PVC tubes whatever. :eek:

Most critters have particular moves in particular situations, you sort of get to the point of anticipating their moves. :cool:

Biollante

shoggoth43

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2009
When I use a net I usually go with a fine white mesh ( not quite as fine as brine shrimp net ) and put the seam on the "outside" of the net. The finer mesh seems to support the fish better with less damage. Also, I have no had any issues with corys or discus getting spines stuck in that kind of netting. I don't have any of the other cats or plecos so your mileage may vary as it were. Getting the fish into a submerged container is better but often just not practical.

-
S