This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Good Moss for High Temperature

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by shane, Jan 17, 2007.

1. shane

shane Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Anybody have any advice on what type of moss to use to attach to driftwood in a high temperature tank (82 deg Discus tank)?

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Xmas moss seems to do well.
    Same with Java.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. behhl

behhl Junior Poster

Wonder if anyone with experience can give me a bit of advise regards Moss and higher temp tanks (I'm close to 86 even to 90 F on some days) - the most problem I have is that the java moss seems to stop growing and hence algae (green + BBA) keep breaking out on the moss. Biggest headache in my tank.

Similarly the bolbitis refuses to grow but this I kind of expected. Java ferns are very slow but some leaves are sprouting after the old leaves have now decayed or trimmed.

Rest of the plants tenellus, blyxa, rotala rotundifolia, vallisneria nana, JHG are thriving like weeds.