This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Glut only tank re-scape with EI ?

Discussion in 'Non-CO2 Methods' started by Jaydip Saha, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Jaydip Saha

Jaydip Saha Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:08 PM
    I started with this 20 gallon tank around six month back and used only excel as carbon source. I have also dosed with macro and flourish comprehensive and got some good result. Later I was using glut (2%) instead of excel. Now I need to rescape it again as due to high temperature and humidity my entire foreground is gone and background steam plants also get affected.

This time I have planned with 25% glut along with lab grade KNO3, KH2PO4 and K2SO4.However I am not sure about the strength of the glut I will use .Shall I make the strength to excel equivalent(1.5 %) or try with more higher strength like (5 or 6 %). Also for EI shall I try with 1/3 or more for this glut only tank?

Tank Few months back-

After summer-

#1 Jaydip Saha, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015