This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Glosso,Ricca & Hairgrass

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by jonathan11, Feb 22, 2005.

1. jonathan11

jonathan11 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Many members have mentioned that they have glosso and ricca in their tanks. I recently purchased a bit of both to experiment with, and did not have much luck. Could someone mention an easy (in my case simple) method to plant this stuff? Glosso, with its small roots and my clumsy fingers..... And how in the world do you keep it down?

Walter

2. Wö£fëñxXx

Wö£fëñxXx Prolific Poster

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Re: Glosso,Ricca & Hairgrass

12" tweezers work good.
    Plant 4-5 leaves(Gloss), blades of grass per clump and spread out at 1" intervals. It takes 2-4 weeks for it grow in.

Once they do, you will see them take over.

Riccia is simply tied to a branch or stone, or left floatng

If these are not growing, CO2 and KNO3 are the most likely issue, you do not have enough.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

4. jonathan11

jonathan11 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Re: Glosso,Ricca & Hairgrass

Thanks, will give it a shot!