This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Glosso and Drystart

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Philosophos, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Philosophos

Philosophos Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    8:43 PM
    The greatly extended DSM phase of my 48 gal is coming to an end. I'm filling the tank today or tomorrow. Everything went along spectacularly; a little BGA was the worst of it, which was easily taken care of.

The only real exception has been the glosso. A couple of cold snaps at night and I'd say about 50% of its once perfect carpet has rotted out in a horrific chain reaction. The HC, Elatine triandra, staurogyne and Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides all handled it relatively well; some browning, slight losses, etc. but the glosso is a mess. Removing dead plant material helped to slow things, turning the heat up made things a little better, but it really turned out to be sensitive to cold. I've also noticed in general that when glosso starts to autofragment while emersed, it doesn't stop easily.

When I do another DSM with glosso, I will be investing in a terrarium heater and thermostat.