This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Gh Booster Or Salty Shrimp Gh+

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by thelordofthefish, Nov 9, 2018.

1. thelordofthefish

thelordofthefish Subscriber

Local Time:
    12:43 PM
  2. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    No, it wouldn’t however the GH+ mostly supplies Ca, some K and some micros. You might have to supplement others or keep plant choices limited.
    If you are using Amazonia you can grow a lot of plants with just the soil and light limitation.

3. thelordofthefish

thelordofthefish Subscriber

Local Time:
    Ok I found some more info. Someone says this is what Salty shrimp entails:

17.88% Calcium
    6.76% Magnesium
    2, 11% Potassium
    0.69% Hydrogen Carbonate
    41.50% Chloride
    16.91% Sulfate
    0.35492% Trace Elements

So currently I am dosing KNO3 and KH2PO4 for my E.I macros and full micros. If I'd dose the above with salty shrimp to remineralize RO water, would anything be amiss if I'd use salty shrimp instead of my nilocg GH booster which has a 1:3:3 mixture of Magnesium Sulfate ( MgSO4), Potassium Sulfate ( K2so4) and Calcium Sulfate (CaSO4).
    Soluble Potash(K2O) 22.3%

Calcium(Ca) 9.64%

Magnesium(Mg) 1.42%

Sulfur(S) 17.29%

Also, would I need to add K2SO4 with estimated index if I use salty shrimp? Sorry to keep bugging you guys about this. It's a bit over my head and I don't want to mess up my new thriving aquascape.

4. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    You should be ok.
    Just go with it and monitor. Give it few weeks before drawing any conclusions