This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Gh+ and KH+

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by guy tillmans, Dec 10, 2008.

1. guy tillmans

guy tillmans Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    2:55 AM
    Hello

I'm using RO water for my tank. After a waterchange i use KH+ (For ponds) en GH+ (also for ponds), untill my kh is 4 en gh 6. Are those products the same as , for example mineral salts from Sera? Do they also have all the elements such as mg en Ca ?

thx

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    KH+ is just baking soda, should be very cheap.
    GH+ could be lime or maybe Kalk, quick Lime or some form of dissolved CaCO3 in a acid binder, and have no Mg at all.
    They should tell you though what Ca and Mg % is added, ppm's etc.

I use a GH booster, most folks in the USA do, that's a home made mix sold through most of the on line aquarium fertilizer places here.

It's about 50% K2SO4, 28% CaSO4 and 20% MgSO4 and 1 % each of FeSO4 and MnSO4.

I do not make it, so I cannot verify, and there's also H2O attached to these salts also. These cover all my bases for Mg, Ca, K+, SO4 and top off the Fe and Mn a bit.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. guy tillmans

guy tillmans Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Ok, if you cannot asure me that i add mg with GH+ , i will get some gh booster in the states and some other fertilizer stuff.
    But .....
    I use RO water, how high must the Gh be?? 2 - 4 - 6 dh??