Get Greg Watson's Guide to Dosing Strategies

JHipkin

Junior Poster
May 27, 2005
I got the guide and read it. Well done. Most of the info I already knew but it is always good to get some reinforcement.

Is there a sticky somewhere with symptoms? Plants are doing this therefore you need more of that. Something that gives a vsisual que for the testing challenged amongst us.

20 20

Junior Poster
Mar 22, 2008
I PM'd Greg last night, and got a very quick response from him. Very helpful, I've got the guide now. Thanks, Greg!

sebtoche

Junior Poster
Jul 31, 2007
I bought his ebook two days ago and everything went flawlessly with paypal! I was able to download it directly after the payment.

This book is definitely a must for the beginner who wants to understand the different ways of dosing.

Good job Greg!

Luis138

Junior Poster
Mar 27, 2008
Downey, CA
I bought the book. Paid with Paypal and had no problem downloading it. Since it is in PDF format I am able to read it on my cell phone as well. Haven't read it yet, I just wanted to let everyone know that if there were some problems (which I get from reading the previous posts) they have been fixed.

Plus, for $4.95 you can't go wrong.

Luis

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States
Luis138;24426 said:
Since it is in PDF format I am able to read it on my cell phone as well.

Louis ...

I've never heard of being able to read a PDF on a cell phone ... is there any chance you can send me a picture of that? Especially if the display was readable in the picture? I would love to have that to add to the site!

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. Your $4.95 payment went directly from you to your favorite online aquarium organization (i.e. totally bypassing me) - providing direct financial support to the online aquatic plant hobby. That is something I am proud of and thankful of when I see people like you essentially supporting the hobby with your donation ...

Luis138

Junior Poster
Mar 27, 2008
Downey, CA
Greg Watson;24430 said:
Louis ...

I've never heard of being able to read a PDF on a cell phone ... is there any chance you can send me a picture of that? Especially if the display was readable in the picture? I would love to have that to add to the site!

My pleasure, check your inbox.

Luis

Chiya

Prolific Poster
Jun 23, 2008
newest happy user from Singapore!!

Thanks for the book!!

Will definitely recommend to friends.

Deridium

Junior Poster
May 30, 2009
Should I be receiving an email with a link to download? I purchased this yesterday and nothing as of yet. Thanks

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States
Deridium;37429 said:
Should I be receiving an email with a link to download? I purchased this yesterday and nothing as of yet. Thanks

Most people choose to download it immediately after paying for it ... however, if you forgot to click on the "Return To Merchant" page after paying for it, you wouldn't have been taken to the download page ...

PM me privately with your paypal address that you used to pay for it, and I will manually email you a copy ...

You would have also received an email message with a download link, but it is probably sitting in your Junk/Spam folder ...

Thanks,
Greg

dannyfish

Prolific Poster
Jan 6, 2010
Singapore
no link to download ?

may i know what you all guys do in order to download the link after the payment thru paypal?

i had paid thru paypal but i ddidnt receive any link to download the guide..!

What shall i do??

Danny

dutchy

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Jul 6, 2009
The Netherlands
Hi, send a PM to Greg Watson from your mailbox here. Greg is an an administrator here, so I'm sure he can solve this for you.

regards,
dutchy

rickztahone

Junior Poster
Sep 29, 2010
Pacoima CA
are these dosing techniques still considered current? i ask because i see that they were printed in 2006, i just want to make sure i have the most recent copy. thank you.

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States
rickztahone;56072 said:
are these dosing techniques still considered current? i ask because i see that they were printed in 2006, i just want to make sure i have the most recent copy. thank you.

To briefly expand upon what Dutchy wrote ... the guide to dosing strategies was the result of almost six years of customer emails back and forth trying to help people choose a dosing strategy that best matched their lifestyles and interests (back when I used to sell aquarium fertilizer aka "ferts").

One of the dosing strategies that is discussed in the guide is the "Perpetual Preservation System" which has kind of died since Art sold his forum AquaticPlantCentral ... his approach is still valid. And others have "tweaked" it a little. But the basic concepts remain the same. The guide will really simply help someone new cut through all of the competing "information overload" and find a dosing strategy that is best for them.

There actually have been quite a few little "updates" since 2006. Something gets updated in it about every 4-5 months.

I have a group of three "editors" that provide feedback on changes and updates.

Essentially 100% of the proceeds from the sale go directly to various aquarium clubs and organizations - primarily which have an emphasis on aquatic plants. In fact, that's why many of you who have purchased it have seen their "payments" go directly to organizations like the Aquatic Gardener's Association. The book also supports other online planted aquarium forums which is why some of you have seen payments go directly to Kyle at the Planted Tank forum and other forums.

The book was created with one of the goals being that the proceeds go directly to support the online hobby. It's priced at $4.95 which makes it affordable for the novice that is just getting started out and a nice donation to support the hobby for those who are very experienced with aquariums but are seeking help trying to choose the best path for them with planted aquariums.

So ... I would encourage anyone to pick it up. If you'd like to make a $4.95 donation to the Aquatic Gardner's Association ... then go here: http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/viewtopic.php?t=798 - and note that at check out your payment goes directly to the Aquatic Gardener's Association (totally bypassing me ) ...

Thanks,
Greg