This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

GerryD helping me

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by jerrybforl, Feb 15, 2011.

1. jerrybforl

jerrybforl Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    1:14 AM
    Hi my name is JJ and I am new to this site. I met Gerry D at the AGA convention and I'm glad I did. Anyway seeing all of your threads about custom reg builds peaked my curiousity. So I decided, with Gerrys help, to build my own. I've been using Red Sea and Milwakee. The Milwakee is ok and the Red Sea is so so. I purchased a used Concoa, Ideal needle valve micrometer, JBJ BC, and the Burket Solenod. Just waiting for the parts and will post as soon as I recieve everything. I also have to replace the Hex nipple thats on it as it isn't for CO2. My local CO2 supply will replace that with a CGA 320 nipple fitting as well install it for $20. Well worth the extra $10 to have someone do it that knows. Thanks for all the knowledge that you guys supply. :)

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi JJ,

Welcome to the Barr report....

For those interested we think JJ is getting a Concoa 212 series but we don't yet have the exact model #. He is looking into NPT fittings so he gets a feel for those parts and if he wants to use Swagelok parts or not..

He just needs to wait for his parts to come in and do the build. His Concoa I think is a good one.

I think his build will be top notch quality..

3. jerrybforl

jerrybforl Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Yep Gerry im so excited. Can't wait. My buddy will be recieving my Red Sea reg so he was pretty happy to hear that. Im wondering if I can remove the plastic covering on it and make it a better rig? Anybody got an opinion. He is a student with little money so its my priviledge to give it to him. Just wanna make a nice one. Wont be the Ideal Valve like I got but something that is ok.

4. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi Jerry

It seems that you will have a terrific regulator very soon. I'm sure that you will enjoy building it with all those high quality parts as well as using them!

Good luck!!

Left C