Generic Excel

PhilipS

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
May 10, 2014
GMT -700
Shelf life is 3 years.

Do not smell it as it is an inhalation hazard.

Search for Glutaraldehyde or Pentanedial (C5H8O2 ):

Product names: Cidex Metricide Omnicide 14-Day​ not the 28-day. $21 gallon on feebayshipped.

Fixed my BBA issue while I stabilized the tank (Temps, Par, CO2, pH, KH, organics). I did not do the initial nuking the tank per the Excel directions, just hosed the BBA in select areas every morning or two with a long dropper. No more than 15ml in my 12 long. Took a couple days to make the BBA red then it turned white or dislodged itself. Ready for picking with tweezers. Done dosing after 2 weeks. Plants, snails, shrimp, fish never effected. Shrimp and snails grazed on it once it turned colors.

It will begin to deactivate once diluted with water.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilipS

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
May 10, 2014
GMT -700
Sad to hear of such beautiful fish dying.

Most Discus tanks I see are tall. My friend has one that's 4 foot tall or so and 12 long. We think he got a 5-finger discount at the zoo.

You may want to try using the yard long acrylic airline tubes sold at the pet shop as a dropper. You'll have to adapt a Turkey baster to push the chemical through the tube. Too risky using airline and ingesting it.

crystalview

Guru Class Expert
Sep 6, 2008
between Sac and Reno
The tank is deep so I do a lot of things through a tube and baster. I also need to use grabbers for I am short. I have a moss covered ash tray that I put live black worms in for them to eat. They love to blow on their food. I tried HC but without Co2 could not keep it. .