This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Fungi On Egeria

Discussion in 'Aquatic Microbiology' started by Thjenst, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Thjenst

Thjenst New Member

Local Time:
    7:32 PM
    Hello!

I'm new to this forum. I promise I'll get around to posting an introduction one of these days;)

Yesterday I spotted some (what looks to be) fungi on some of my submersed plants, and I was hoping someone here might have experience with that.

(see attached image) It looks like a fungi attacking the living tissue of my Egeria densa. I have E. najas standing right next to them, and they seem unaffected (so far). No other plants in the tank are affected (so far). It looks a little like the white, hairy mold you sometimes find on food gone bad. I can clearly see the individual hairs (hyphae?) sticking out.

The tank is about 2 months old, stocked with plants from day one, added rcs and ramshorn snails a week ago (both look healthy).

The fungi appeared over the last 2 days.

I change 30% water every 5-7 days, I use rainwater.

It's a 30L tank, running a small box filter, no heater, running CO2 at about 20ppm., 8 hours of light.

Questions:

Are there aquarium safe fungicides available?

Do you think my other plants are in danger? (affected stems have been removed for now)

I hope y'all got some good advice for me, thank you and have a great day. IMG_0759 (2).JPG