FS: Glo T5HO 24" 1x24w

Philosophos

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Mar 12, 2009
Unused, in the box. True parabolic reflector, legs and hanging kit. This does not normally include a bulb, but I'll include a new 6700k life glo for free.

I couldn't find a way to get this fixture plus a bulb in any combination between online and local stores for less than $110-120 with shipping. The price from me is $90 shipped.

I've also got a big batch of liquid ferts mixed up for EI dosing if anyone is interested. I wouldn't normally sell these online because paying to ship water in small batches is rather expensive. In this case though, the extra postage shouldn't be too much and I should be able to fit the bottles in the box. Let me know if you're interested.

argnom

Guru Class Expert
May 24, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Hey Dan,

For people interested, it's a nice fixture. One of the few products made by Hagen that is worth purchasing (that and flake and the good old Tronic heaters). I have the 2x39W and it does the job rather nicely. Do you happen to live in the same Hagen Syndicate controlled area as me?

Cheers!

Philosophos

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Mar 12, 2009
Ya, the Hagen stepped up their game with this light and their Glo line in general. They've also got the Glo retrofits that are a bit expensive, but convenient enough that I'd consider it for how often I want to run a different bulb on a temporary tank. The bulbs need a little work to match the fixture, but they're mid-range efficiency with about 1uE/s/watt of PAR which is comparable to other plant bulbs in the same $16-18 price range.

I think a lot of Canada and the US is Hagan land. Here in ID they've got some competition from other brands but the full line is available at any big box store. Back home in BC it's pretty much Hagan saturated outside of Vancouver last I was there.

The products vary; I could feel confident running a tank on their fluval, aquaclear and glo lines for hardware. There's a lot of other hardware I wouldn't touch; poaching a fish has never been easier than a radiant heater IMO. The additives... not so hot either. Horrible test kits, snake oil additives... I think, "Hagan Cycle" pretty much says it all.

argnom

Guru Class Expert
May 24, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Indeed Dan,

I could not agree more. I think they finally started to make products that work really well with the Glo line. I'm not to certain about their new filters though:

G6 series

It could work well or it could be just eye candy. But at +450.00USD... ouch...