This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Support us by upgrading to the lifetime advertisement free version.

Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Fresh Off The Boat!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WestcoastBingo, Jan 14, 2021.

1. WestcoastBingo

WestcoastBingo New Member

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    Good afternoon, Morning, Night Y'all!

New to the Fish/Plant/Water baby keeping society! too n to be a proud Owner!

We have a 42Gal with Curved front corners, currently been cycling for 3-4 weeks the establish the bacteria while designing our Aquascape!

Our intentions is a semi-full planted with Blue Shrimp colony then eventually a full community tank! but small enough they won't eat the Shrimp! he he

Looking for advise on CO2 systems and if its worth buying the high end or getting a custom built one or just building my own!?

As the tank progresses i am sure i will have more questions! but at the moment just organizing the eco system to start!!

2. Jellopuddinpop

Jellopuddinpop New Member

Local Time:
    2:16 PM
    For the CO2 system, I would say to just jump right to pressurized and get it over with. You can find a well built dual stage regulator and needle valve in the For Sale section on this website. Combine it with a DiY cerges reactor for $20, and you're good to go on any tank you make from here on out.

Starting small and cheap will just result in frustration, incremental upgrades, and land you in the same place, only a year from now after spending more money.