Free Ozelot Sword plantlets

DaMoochr

Junior Poster
Jan 29, 2008
Littleton, CO
I have 2 producing 2 plant runners each about a week apart. LFS I have donated to now is overstocked w/ my plants. Hate to throw them away, any one willing to pay shipping (Fed Ex I guess is the best bet) can have as much as they like ( 4 - 6 plantlets will be shippable every two weeks) I let the plantlets grow out (eventually roots form) I let the roots get to 2 + inches then harvest into flourite/lateralite substrate for a week and then they are able to ship. These plants are great as a center piece and do quite well w/ CO2 . I have had the "mother plants" for about a year now, I have one of the first plantlets in the low tech tank and have smaller leaves but good growth.

or another thought I am limited in this area for greenery , I would do a trade for some HC (baby tears?)

PM or IM

Paul

ccLansman

Guru Class Expert
Jan 22, 2008
Vista, Ca
Ide be interested in taking a few off your hands, can you post a link to what they look like? I did a google and they have a ton of different species, some of them didnt look so swell.

Thanks.

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
I suggest you ship these by Priority Mail. They should easily survive the 3 day shipping time, as long as they are not allowed to sit in an outdoor mail box for several hours at a freezing temperature.

DaMoochr

Junior Poster
Jan 29, 2008
Littleton, CO
ccLansman;22648 said:
Ide be interested in taking a few off your hands, can you post a link to what they look like? I did a google and they have a ton of different species, some of them didnt look so swell.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response, I agree CC, there are a "few" species I cannot tell you the scientific name of this plant, I will browse my photo collection and up load to photobucket after the superbowl (probably Monday the 5th).

JH: PM me with your shipping address and preferred shipping method. also how many you'd like, I have 5 ready to go now. they can be tank busters in high light w/ co2. in a low tech no co2 they are very slow growers, I have them in both environments.

Vaughn: I agree, express, as I have received plants via express in a plastic bag top tied in a knot plants wrapped in wet newspaper... here in Denver it is cold this time of year, so I really guessed that Fed Ex is better than snail mail.