This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Free Ozelot Sword plantlets

Discussion in 'Trades, swaps, sales' started by DaMoochr, Jan 29, 2008.

1. DaMoochr

DaMoochr Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:34 PM
    I have 2 producing 2 plant runners each about a week apart. LFS I have donated to now is overstocked w/ my plants. Hate to throw them away, any one willing to pay shipping (Fed Ex I guess is the best bet) can have as much as they like ( 4 - 6 plantlets will be shippable every two weeks) I let the plantlets grow out (eventually roots form) I let the roots get to 2 + inches then harvest into flourite/lateralite substrate for a week and then they are able to ship. These plants are great as a center piece and do quite well w/ CO2 . I have had the "mother plants" for about a year now, I have one of the first plantlets in the low tech tank and have smaller leaves but good growth.

or another thought I am limited in this area for greenery , I would do a trade for some HC (baby tears?)

PM or IM

Paul

2. ccLansman

ccLansman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Ide be interested in taking a few off your hands, can you post a link to what they look like? I did a google and they have a ton of different species, some of them didnt look so swell.

Thanks.

3. JHipkin

JHipkin Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I'm also interested.

4. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I suggest you ship these by Priority Mail. They should easily survive the 3 day shipping time, as long as they are not allowed to sit in an outdoor mail box for several hours at a freezing temperature.

5. DaMoochr

DaMoochr Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Sorry for the delayed response, I agree CC, there are a "few" species I cannot tell you the scientific name of this plant, I will browse my photo collection and up load to photobucket after the superbowl (probably Monday the 5th).

JH: PM me with your shipping address and preferred shipping method. also how many you'd like, I have 5 ready to go now. they can be tank busters in high light w/ co2. in a low tech no co2 they are very slow growers, I have them in both environments.

Vaughn: I agree, express, as I have received plants via express in a plastic bag top tied in a knot plants wrapped in wet newspaper... here in Denver it is cold this time of year, so I really guessed that Fed Ex is better than snail mail.