This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Found a big chunk of iron on the bottom!

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by ccLansman, Jan 24, 2009.

1. ccLansman

ccLansman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:50 AM
    I removed 16 anubis plants from my tank as i am selling them and to my surprise i found a half dollar size, solid piece of iron. Im assuming this is bad....
    Should i be worried???

Does this mean i am not delivering enough iron to my plants?

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    If that worried me it would be because I would think it fell off of some piece of equipment, which would then be lacking a part. The iron we put in the tank is far too dilute and chemically combined for it to ever form chunks of iron in the tank. Even if it did, that iron would not harm anything.

3. ccLansman

ccLansman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Well its highly irregular so i doubt it fell off anything. On top of that i dont have very many things in my tank for it to fall off from. It must just be a really old piece that accumulated over the years. Thanks for the safety check.