This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Fluval spec v light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Rodgie_III, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Rodgie_III

Rodgie_III New Member

Local Time:
    1:00 PM
    Greetings everyone,

I've been looking around and I couldn't find the answer.

Does anybody knows the PAR of this light yet? I heard the 7k LED with 821 lumens is a lot brighter than the old version. When I set up this tank I wanna keep it low tech and no Co2 or any algeacide. But I want to find the right balance between the photoperiod and how much floaters should I put to dim the light.

Thank you,
    Rodgie

2. TinyLittleFish

TinyLittleFish New Member

Local Time:
    1:00 PM
    From the grapevine, I have seen success with "up to" medium light plants. From firsthand experience with the light with just water and substrate in the tank, If you are going low tech with low light plants, this should be more than adequate. The light is indeed improved versus the previous one as far as output. It is a touch sensor button. There are dark areas close to the filter "wall", and in the corners on the opposite side only. Since the tank is so narrow, the spread width wise everywhere else is great for the tank.