This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Flowering ground cover

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Gerryd, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    12:13 AM
    Hey all,

Is there any submersed ground cover plant that flowers?

Here in FL I see patches of yellow and blue flowers amongst the various grasses.
    Not sure if they are weeds or not, but they sure look pretty.

I think this would look nice in a tank and was wondering if there was such a plant????

I know crypts will flower, but they grow taller than I think I would want.

Any ideas?

Thanks as always.

2. Skabooya

Skabooya Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    none that i know of. It would be pretty cool though. What about anubias nana petit? Ive seen them flower the same as anubias nana.

3. Oscar17

Oscar17 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I had an Anubias nana flower when I was just starting out. Back then I didn't do water changes for 2 or 3 months and the tank was over stocked.

4. Wet

Wet Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Depending on how tall you are keeping your ground cover, you could insert some colorful plants in there. For example (midground in a short tank) I use Rotala mini Type 2 in fields of HM. Tricky part is just not being afraid of trimming the HM away from the Rotala. Both bend/creep/shape well.