This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Flow In Big Tanks

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Sepp0207, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Sepp0207

Sepp0207 New Member

Local Time:
    8:32 AM
    F0122FFB-518E-476F-9D62-2ABAD505A5DC.jpeg Hello,

i need some help to get a better flow in my tank. The picture shows the current situation. Any ideas?

Sebastian

2. Sepp0207

Sepp0207 New Member

Local Time:
    8:32 AM
    Tank size is 1,6m x 0,6m x 0,7m

3. aclaar877

aclaar877 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:32 AM
    I have a 155 gallon bowfront tank, which is close to 2m long. I have tried some different flow patterns, and what works best for me (with two canister filters) is having both inlets on back left, one outlet pointing right for flow along back of tank, plus a smaller powerhead at the top also pushing water to the right. The second filter outlet is in back right corner, and pushes water at a slight angle to the front glass. Then I have my larger powerhead about 5-6" below the water surface push water from right to left. Spots in center-right and center-left have less flow, but I just put some finer plants there so that they aren't flattened by the faster flow in other areas.

4. NRS4LIF

NRS4LIF New Member

Local Time:
    11:32 PM
    how many GPH are you pushing?