This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flourish vs Flourish Trace

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by Eric_Dyer, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Eric_Dyer

Eric_Dyer Junior Poster

Hello, I began EI dosing this week on my 90 gallon tank, and have a question on the trace element dosing. I know Flourish has a product called "Trace" specifically, but I have a boat load of comprehensive Flourish in the refrigerator that I'd like to use up. Can I just dose it at the 15ml 3x weekly levels recommended, or should it be scaled back? I've done a bunch of searching both within the site and online in general, and can't seem to find that specific question asked. Hoping for some guidance - thanks in advance!

2. imeridian

imeridian Junior Poster

"Trace" is basically just water, you don't want that.

3. SuperColey1

SuperColey1 Guru Class Expert

Yep Trace is basically Fluorish watered down so use the Fourish as trace.

AC

4. Dmaaaaax

Dmaaaaax Prolific Poster

The bottle says to use Flourish 1-2 times weekly. I used it 2x weekly (7mL in my 75g) and had great growth. If you are dosing EI, Plantex CSM+B basically replaces Flourish. For awhile I was using Plantex CSM+B but I have gone back to Flourish for now and dose it with KNO3 (x3) to add more Nitrogen and Potassium into my tank. My tap has the phosphates.:D

Flourish trace has a few elements not found in Flourish, but as others stated it is basically watered down Flourish.

5. Eric_Dyer

Eric_Dyer Junior Poster

Thanks! So, if the EI guidelines for my tank call for 15ml trace (+/- ¼ tsp (15ml) Trace 3x a week), do I really dose 15 ml Flourish 3x weekly, 45ml total each week?