DSC_4019.jpg

DSC_4035.jpg

DSC_4056.jpg

DSC_4106.jpg

Reactions: Dennis Singh

Stan510

Nov 28, 2019
Hayward ca.
It's taken me about a year and a half to get the major plants in that Lisbon tank for mine. Bolbitis,Anubias,Tiger Lotus,Ludwigia ( I need to get the super red..soon) Java ferns...a few types too...but all small. The Hygrophila pinnatifida was not a long laster in my first try..but now that I'm dosing, I need to try again.
That tank was my main inspiration to get back into the hobby again after I had been in it for decades. I worked at a Museum in their natural sciences caring for aquatic exhibits including one gigantic Koi pond with Sturgeon. I also managed a University's Greenhouse.
Hence my being both into Fish and horticulture.
But I stopped maybe 8 or 9 years ago or 10,time flys. ..
Started back again in July 2018 ..in my old age..ha.

Last edited:

Stan510

Nov 28, 2019
Hayward ca.
One thought I have had about that tank? What would Amano add or change if he were still with us? It was originally supposed to be just a temporary display,not permanent. When the world reacted like it has..Lisbon never took it down.
Now..MAYBE Amano didn't use large rocks because of that? If he could he might have made a Mountain range..or Zen like huge boulder. I think too..the explosion in Buce plants...he must have by now used hundreds of those dwarf flowering plants. Five,six years ago..not enough. He did say that he might have bought every Bolbitis heudelotii and narrow leaved Java fern in Japan every wholesaler had at the time! ha.
Variegated Anubias?..I mean many plants now that were unknown then.
Yet,its perfect now to us..to me. I like that he he did not use big rocks and I like that Amano did a un Amano thing..he used lots of colorful plants here. Most of the ADA gallery tanks are very green,very strict.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say...so is jealousy I always think.!