This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Florestas Submersas L

Discussion in 'Plantfest' started by skija, Jun 19, 2019.

1. skija

skija Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    1:47 PM
    Low light , high plant mass , lots of SAE , Takashi Amano , Lisbon

DSC_4019.jpg

DSC_4035.jpg

DSC_4056.jpg

DSC_4106.jpg

Dennis Singh likes this.
  2. skija

skija Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:

DSC_4013.jpg

DSC_4021.jpg

DSC_4071.jpg

DSC_4088.jpg

DSC_4108.jpg

Varun likes this.
  3. skija

skija Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Almost 1 meter echinodorus leaves

Varun likes this.
  4. Varun

Varun New Member

Local Time:
    8:47 AM
    Absolutely incredible. Masterpiece.

5. Stan510

Stan510 Member

Local Time:
    5:47 AM
    It's taken me about a year and a half to get the major plants in that Lisbon tank for mine. Bolbitis,Anubias,Tiger Lotus,Ludwigia ( I need to get the super red..soon) Java ferns...a few types too...but all small. The Hygrophila pinnatifida was not a long laster in my first try..but now that I'm dosing, I need to try again.
    That tank was my main inspiration to get back into the hobby again after I had been in it for decades. I worked at a Museum in their natural sciences caring for aquatic exhibits including one gigantic Koi pond with Sturgeon. I also managed a University's Greenhouse.
    Hence my being both into Fish and horticulture.
    But I stopped maybe 8 or 9 years ago or 10,time flys. ..
    Started back again in July 2018 ..in my old age..ha.

#5 Stan510, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  6. Stan510

Stan510 Member

Local Time:
    5:47 AM
    One thought I have had about that tank? What would Amano add or change if he were still with us? It was originally supposed to be just a temporary display,not permanent. When the world reacted like it has..Lisbon never took it down.
    Now..MAYBE Amano didn't use large rocks because of that? If he could he might have made a Mountain range..or Zen like huge boulder. I think too..the explosion in Buce plants...he must have by now used hundreds of those dwarf flowering plants. Five,six years ago..not enough. He did say that he might have bought every Bolbitis heudelotii and narrow leaved Java fern in Japan every wholesaler had at the time! ha.
    Variegated Anubias?..I mean many plants now that were unknown then.
    Yet,its perfect now to us..to me. I like that he he did not use big rocks and I like that Amano did a un Amano thing..he used lots of colorful plants here. Most of the ADA gallery tanks are very green,very strict.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say...so is jealousy I always think.!