This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Floating Plants Good Or Bad?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by rs18alpha, Dec 8, 2018.

1. rs18alpha

rs18alpha Subscriber

Local Time:
    2:55 PM
    I have Red Root Floaters and I'm wondering if I should get rid of them. They definitely affect the surface flow.

2. tiger15

tiger15 Member

Local Time:
    9:55 AM
    If you decide to get rid of them, I’ll be glad to take them. I’ll pay you for mailing.

One way to contain floaters on the surface is to encircle them with an airline ring.

3. rs18alpha

rs18alpha Subscriber

Local Time:
    2:55 PM
    If I do get rid of them I'll be giving them to friend.I don't have that many of them right now, I just put a few in. This post really was about floating plants in general. I have a lot of Brazilian Pennyworts floating and they disrupt the surface flow.

4. DeepMetropolis

Local Time:
    3:55 PM
    I have tiger lotus and red root floaters.. The lotus blocks out the light and the floaters likes to hang out around the surface skimmer. So its a bit of a hassle to keep it restrained but the gouramies just loves them so much.. Dont have a problem with my surface aggitation..

Tags: