This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Fixture height from the substrate

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by soham, Mar 29, 2013.

1. soham

soham Junior Poster

Local Time:
    11:20 AM
    Hello, my tank dimension is 90X45X45. I have 4 osram T5 HO 39 watt 6500k tubes over it, presently i keep two units on. Substrate height is around 3 inches.
    Now please let me know how many tubes should be kept on and what should be their height from the substrate (i have aluminium reflector) to achieve "high light" condition but avoiding algae at the same time. I have lots of stems, glosso and hydrocotyle.
    I am supplying enough CO2 and Full EI with water change.

2. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    "high light" and "enough CO2" are not very exact figures. But, with the tank dimensions you have, you should be ok with just two tubes + reflectors if they are reasonably close to the water surface, around 4 inch. That should give you enough PAR to grow every plant you want.

3. soham

soham Junior Poster

Local Time:
    enough co2 means over 25 ppm. Thnx for the info, one more thing, will it be intense enough to make them red?

4. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    25 ppm might not be enough, better aim for 40 ppm. The light might be enoigh dor some plant coloration in the top part.