This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fissidens

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by PHalas, Apr 18, 2010.

1. PHalas

PHalas Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Anyone here grown Fissidens of any form in low light/ low tech conditions? If so how did it effect the plant ? Was there any noticable differences, from the same plant grown in a hightech envoironment...apart from the rate of growth ??

Thanks

2. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Here's a little bit of info from Chee Pang that might help: http://www.plantgeek.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5456&sid=3774bfb9fef19f0b3a4518216644e5bb

3. PHalas

PHalas Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Fissidens Fried or as it comes ??

Well now I have had a little feedback on this I guess I should state my reasoning for the inquiry. Recently bought some Fissidens along with some other plants which I may add were very healthy, now the Fissidens was like a tan Gold color almost.

When I communicated with the seller I asked if he had dipped the plant or overdosed Excel to rid some Algae. To which he replied, that was not the case & the reason for the color was it had been grown in a lowtech tank.

As I have not tried this I said I would try it in a reasonably high tech envoironment to see if it changed to the same healthy looking dark green as all the other Fissidens I've had in the past.

Has anyone seen this coloration in fissidens from low light conditions...Everything I've experienced in low light conditions seemed to be darker.

#3 PHalas, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
  4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Moss should be green, it got fried.

This seems to do best with CO2/low light IME.

Regards,
    Tom barr