This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Fish load for a 30g breeder.

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by barbarossa4122, Feb 9, 2011.

1. barbarossa4122

barbarossa4122 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    12:08 AM
    Hi all,

I have a 30g breeder moderate to heavy planted tank which contain one 2" runt pleco and 3 ottos. I would like to get some tetras and rasboras for it. How many will I need to have a decent fish load? Also, the tank will house about 100 rcs.
    EI dosing +extra Fe dosing
    70 % weekly WCs
    Pressurized co2
    1 Rena xp3
    1 AC 70
    2 Koralia nano
    1 Koralia #1

2. 1077

1077 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Rasbora's and many of the tetra's prefer soft to medium hard water, cool and not too much current. With that said, Perhaps a Bakers dozen of both the rasbora's and smaller species of tetra's would be fairly decent number's.IMHO

3. barbarossa4122

Local Time:
    Hi 1077,

I do have very soft tap water here but, I use gh booster with WCs only. My gh is around 8 or 9 after the booster dosing. I have tetras and rasboras in a 10g tank with similar water readings and they are doing great. A Baker's dozen each............so, a total of 26 will do. Thanks a lot.

4. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi,

20-26 is a good range as long as filtration is adequate....no more and perhaps less as some tetras and rasboras can be large or wide...

You may want to introduce them a few at a time to reduce any nh4 spike.. I tend to do this with larger schools. Drop 6-8 in every 2-3 days while keeping an eye on everyone and everything....

Small daily water changes also reduce stress and risk....

5. barbarossa4122

Local Time:
    Will do. Thanks Gerryd.