This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Fish Identity Question

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by kizwan, Jan 11, 2020.

1. kizwan

kizwan Member

Local Time:
    1:58 PM
    Hi, I need help in identifying this fish. I would like to know how they breed & what other fish they can live with peacefully.

[​IMG]

2. bshenanagins

bshenanagins Junior Poster

Local Time:
    1:58 AM
    Those are livebearing fish, don’t know exactly what kind though. They are peaceful and will be good with tetras, danios, minnows, guppies, etc. They breed very easily and in any conditions with zero effort on your end. Just keep the tank clean and they will do the rest.

3. kizwan

kizwan Member

Local Time:
    1:58 PM
    They attacked my guppies & sadly one lost the battle. I banished them to the current tank.

A member in another forum told me they are mosquito fish. So you're correct they are livebearing fish.

#3 kizwan, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  4. TropicalA504

TropicalA504 New Member

Local Time:
    11:58 PM
    Looks like female Guppys!

5. Stan510

Stan510 Member

Local Time:
    10:58 PM
    Gambusia. I take it you caught them since if you had bought they would have been labeled. They are like mean guppies..will attack other small fish. OK to use them in ponds as they take cold water and with bigger Goldfish I guess they can't harm them. Just eat any Goldfish eggs or fry they find.

kizwan likes this.