Fish Damage Or Nutrient Deficiency

Ryan Patterson

Dec 20, 2018
Germany
Ryan Patterson submitted a new Article:

Fish Damage Or Nutrient Deficiency

I have a question for you guys about my alternanthera reineckii pink as I am sure you can help me out. I planted this plant in my aquarium about 4 weeks ago and have noticed the leaves becoming more and more damaged but am unable to tell if this comes from fish picking at the leaves or if this is a nutrient deficiency. I have been having slow growth and some algae issues (mostly gsa on the hardscape and on plant leaves) and am not seeming to have much luck. I have just started...

Read more about this article here...

Simon Yee

Apr 3, 2019
Klang, Malaysia
It is a deficiency of Iron or the plants. Since it on sand and not substrate there is no way for the plant to absorb any useful nutrient unless you can put some thing for the plant to feed from.
Question why sand cannot substrate can. It is called CEC.
Plant roots are not drill and they are fragile.

SADEGH.ZOGHI

Jul 29, 2021
iran
Hi
From the whiteness of the leaves of plants there is a strong possibility that iron is not absorbed.
Because the hardness of water carbonate prevents the absorption of iron and spoils sensitive plants such as Alternatra.
I would probably say that the carbonate hardness of your tank water is high due to carbonate sand or poor city water.
Or you do not have timely and good fertilization.
Lacking or not absorbing iron fertilizer is the cause of plant failure.