This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

first full day on less light

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by sherry, Apr 29, 2007.

1. sherry

sherry Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    1:28 PM
    and I had to turn down co2..

I was at a conference this morning and I just got home to find my bristlenose pleco hanging out at the top of the tank and my amano shrimp swimming high.. The smaller fish seemed still comfortable.

my drop checker was yellow Green kh5 -- it usually shows firmly mid-green -- and it may be my imagination, but there seemed to be more mist in the tank.. I lowered my co2 and turned on the night bubbler to degas some and the pleco went back home to the lower depths. my tank is 20 inches deep.

the ludwiga ver. pantanal seems a little ratty on top.. this is its first day without being more or less directly under 96 watts.

holding my breath and holding on. Tom how ratty should I let the pantanal get before I am risking losing it for real??

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Most plants can get pretty ratty, but a period of adjustment is normal.
    Then nice growth appears.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. sherry

sherry Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I'll be ready for the plants to take a downturn for a bit then -- thanks for warning me!!! The toughest to replace would be that long sought pantanal and my p. stellata. Pretty much everything else I have can be found for cash.

I am a little worried I haven't seen one of my farlowella's since the co2 bounce... but I'll know for sure tonight if one is really missing. they like to hang out together in the dark.

btw, looking closely (past 40 year old eyes) I discovered my blyxia albertii background has a bunch of thread algae.. I"m clearly doing this none too soon. Thanks again Tom!

Do I keep dosing full ei?