This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Finnex Planted 24/7cc

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Kookyxogirl, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Kookyxogirl

Kookyxogirl New Member

Local Time:
    5:41 AM
    Hello,
    Does anyone own this light? I would like to know how I should best customize it for more daylight and add more reds for optimum plant growth as it is maxed for only 3 hrs on 24/7. Would it be considered med - high light?
    I just purchased a 38 Gallon bowfront and it’s 24 “ deep. I have about 4 “ of substrate.
    Any help and suggestions are much appreciated.
    Thank you, Dar

Lance likes this.
  2. Lance

Lance New Member

Local Time:
    3:41 AM
    I'm following this. Been trying to get answers on this for the last month. So far this is what I'm doing. I work from home and love love the 24/7 feature, so having the light just come on and off with the co2 isn't something I want to do.

I have the co2 running from 9am to 6pm. With the custom 24/7 settings I increased the light to full spectrum on the12pm 3pm and 6pm then let the 24/7 settings dim the rest of the day. 3am and 6am are set to dark. It starts turning on at 9am. But I had to set 9am as off for this to happen. So I'm unsure if it's too much light now. I'm hoping someone with more experience will comment.

3. BugginDave

BugginDave New Member

Local Time:
    5:41 AM
    I have a Finnex Planted+ too, and I thought the same about the max light levels on the 24/7 mode. I just bought a Fluval 3.0, and will be putting this on a timer while leaving the Finnex on 24/7 mode. So maybe getting another light might be best for you too. I would like to know the PAR readings for Finnex Planted+ and Fluval 3.0 if anyone knows where to find them.

4. ashtonfitzgerald

ashtonfitzgerald New Member

Local Time:
    4:41 AM
    Check out Aquarium Co-Op on YouTube. Cory does a lot of PAR reviews of various lights. His review of the Fluval 2.0 convinced me to buy one. Will be picking up a 3.0 for the new living room display when the $ arrives. If I recall the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 puts out about 60 PAR in a 20g tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk