Finnex planted + 24/7 SE Series LED

AquaK

Jul 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I have one and have used it for about a month or so now on 24/7 mode. I think it's a good fixture and is well suited for med light co2 and non-co2 alike. My setup is non-co2 (excel) and moderate dry fert dosing. Mostly hard to kill weeds, vals, and crypts.

AquaK

Jul 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The newer SE version of that light has a few notible differences. The 24/7 mode on the SE turns completely off (darkness mode) for 4 hrs at night unlike the previous version, and the red leds are true 660 nm with the SE.

Edwin

Aug 5, 2017
Tallahassee, Florida
When I started rebuilding my 75 gallon tank I got tired of fluorescent lighting and a ballast had died so I bought a Finnex "daylight" on sale (I think an older model) all white LED bulbs. It was nice and bright but I figured I was going to need more light so I purchased two Finnex Planted+, which have a combination of white and red. I certainly have enough light. I had minor algae problems when I started but once I got my CO2 and nutrient regime down the algae has been dramatically reduced.

fablau

rotalabutterfly.com
Staff member
Sep 13, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
www.fablauplants.com

lyle

Junior Poster
Jun 14, 2017
Des Moines, IA
Nice info indeed on that page. Anyone could understand at what distance from the light those PAR values were measured?

Well, in that post he says "...stick a par meter under it just close enough to make "max" register as 100 PAR (7.5")." I suppose that means 7.5 inches away?

lyle

Junior Poster
Jun 14, 2017
Des Moines, IA
Well, in that post he says "...stick a par meter under it just close enough to make "max" register as 100 PAR (7.5")." I suppose that means 7.5 inches away?

Yes, that's it. Looking at his video (
), I see the comment "I chose a distance of 7.5" from the fixture as it made the maximum light level about 100 PAR."