This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

filter recomendation

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by hani, Feb 19, 2011.

1. hani

hani Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    1:07 AM
    A m looking to try a wet/dry sump filter, any premade recomendation that will work with co2 aquariums? i know i may need do some adjustmants to make them work.
    thanks

2. pepetj

pepetj Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I used for almost two years a Pro Clear Aquatic System model 75 Wet/Dry filter in a 40gal long tank with DIY and later pressurized CO2.

Here's a the link to them
    http://www.pro-clear.com/wetdry.html

I had no problems other than algae growing in the intake overflow (box placed inside the tank). What I liked about this particular model was the "quasi enclosed" compartment where the pre-filter tray is placed (where the overflow hose goes).

I know I got regular readings of 24-26ppm of CO2 when running it. I redo that tank and dismantled the Wet/Dry for no other reason than the ugly algae growing in the overflow box.

I don't know if this is important or not (as far as degassing) but my unit is an older version that has the incoming water hose attached to a lateral wall (not the top wall) of the Wet/Dry.

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

3. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Pretty much any of the Wet/Dry units will work. You may need some tape to seal up the biotower to cut down on CO2 outgassing. Some have reasonably decent covers over the whole unit which may suffice. In any event, tape is cheap enough to wrap it with.

-
    S