This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Filter In/out Flow Hose Management

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Tihsho, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Tihsho

Tihsho New Member

Local Time:
    12:13 PM
    Hey everyone!

I'm in the process of looking to setup a new tank on an old desk and trying to figure out some issues when it comes to hose routing. Previously, I've always had tanks that either have had a specific stand for the tank so the hoses would go straight down the side of the tank and/or if they were Nano tanks, they were filtered with mini canisters that sat behind the tank and the hoses went straight down to them. Now I'm looking at setting up a tank that may not reach the end of the surface it will be placed on and I'm planning on filtering the tank with a larger canister.

My questions...

1) When it comes to in/outlet lines on the ends of the tank (not the back) has anyone used nylon 90 degree barbed fittings for routing the lines without drastic loss of flow?

2) Are there any flexible hard lines that anyone uses to route lines from lily pipes that then can connect to the soft lines? Only thing I can think of would be copper which would not be ideal for inverts in the tank which will be planned. I just wasn't sure if there were any aluminum lines or a braided line option that anyone has used.

Thanks!