This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Fertilizers for a non-C02 tank

Discussion in 'Non-CO2 Methods' started by Francesco, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Francesco

Francesco Junior Poster

Local Time:
    1:09 PM
    I have changed the water 2 days ago and I haven't dosed the fertilizers yet. Maybe, using Excel, the 1,5 wpg aren't enough. I could add another T5 to bring the wpg up to 2,3. What do you thing? Maybe there has been too much excel/fertilisers and too little lighting.
    here is a picture of the algae I see growing on some little stones all over the tank: View attachment 2920

2. PapstBenediktXVI

PapstBenediktXVI Subscriber

Local Time:
    Hello

As I understand it Seachem Phosphorus is dissolved KH2PO4. I guess if Easy Life products are easily available in Italy you could use Easy Life Fosfo and maybe Nitro too. They keep the ingridients a secret but I'd guess it's the same thing

Cheers
    Papst

3. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Anhydride of Phosphoric Acid

Hi,

I think the Easy-Life Fosfo probably just fine, though I do not like people who are afraid to list chemicals.

I can based on the label assure you it is not KH[SUB]2[/SUB]PO[SUB]4[/SUB] or K[SUB]2[/SUB]HPO[SUB]4[/SUB] or anything with Potassium.
    :)

My best guess based on the label is Diphosphorus Pentoxide, P[SUB]2[/SUB]O[SUB]5[/SUB], a common desiccant.
    :cool:

Biollante