This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Fertilizer problems in emersed anubias setup

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Crapu', Oct 5, 2008.

1. Crapu'

Crapu' Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:53 PM
    I have a potential big problem on my hands. It's been 10 days since I've set up an emersed anubias nursery and there is almost no growth recorded. I know anubiases are slow growers and that they need to get used to my new setup, BUT comparing to the ones in my aquariums there should have been changes. I watch the new leaves which were sprouting when I got them, to see changes. Just yesterday I noticed a very small growing of the new leaves, but I am waiting for them to show all the leaf, in order to see if I got the nutrients right.

I have in this tank 62 anubiases (barteri barteri, barteri nana, b. nana coffeefolia, lanceolata, congensis and petite). In these 10 days I lost 2 (the rizome rotted even if I didn't burry the rizome - I have no idea why) and I just found one that was starting to rot [ photo 1 ]. I sectioned the rizome untill I got to the good tissue and I put it back. Do you have any idea why that happened?

I also noticed some signs of nutrient defficiency. Please help me identify it:

1. some of the leaves turned to pale green between the veins, but the veins remain dark green. [ photo2 ]. This would be a iron or nitrogen defficiency? Right? There are no new leaves to see if they are paler but I gues it's iron, right? There is no way it could be iron since I put 1/2 tablet of Dennerle E15 Feractiv in the water weekly which should be dosed for 50 l of aquarium water every month.

2. I also noticed that 1-2 leaves are dried and starting to rot at the tips, but I guess this is because the plants remained unmisted 2 days when I left town for a wedding, right? [ photo3 ]

3. On 2 leaves I noticed some pale spots. Does anybody know what they mean? [ photo4 ].

You can find all the details about fertilization, lights and stuff here/

I am afraid not to lose more plants now, at the bigining before I have growth there and not to be able to identify where I went wrong.

Thanks for your help guys, please help me with my questions. I will keep you posted on what happened.