This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Fe

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by Kamlesh Barot, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Kamlesh Barot

Kamlesh Barot Junior Poster

Local Time:
    11:20 PM
    I have Ferric sulphate powder and DTPA powder. If I want to add them over and above the EI CSM+B how do I add them to my aquarium plants?

2. Julia Adkins

Julia Adkins aquariumfertilizer.com
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:20 PM
    I am wondering why you think your tank needs more iron than that which the CSM provides. Do you have a lot of red-leafed plants? If not, remember that iron is a trace or micro mineral and is only needed in very small quantities. If you are putting your CSM+B into solution, only mix as much as your tank will use in a 2-3 week period and keep it stored in a cool, dark place like a refrigerator. This reduces the growth of any microorganisms that have found their way into the solution and want to consume the nutrients there.

3. Stan510

Stan510 Member

Local Time:
    3:20 PM
    I use Seachem and wonder if they add something to keep it fresh? An iron preservative you might say. Seems to store for months well. I also notice that compared to iron sold at garden centers,Seachem is much more concentrated..double at least.