This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Fe-edta And Potassium Gluconate Solution Diy

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by Filantrops, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Filantrops

Filantrops New Member

Local Time:
    1:16 AM
    Greetings, I am out of my depth. I hope someone here can help out an aquarium novice.

I have Potassium Gluconate powder and Fe-EDTA 13,3%. I would like to mix them into water solution and add to my aquarium with some 250L of water in it. But I cannot figure out amounts for the solution and weekly/daily dosage.

Tank with Corydoras, Ancistrus, Guppies, L-104 and Neocaridina type of shrimps. Plants get 12h of Lumax LED light. Plants are getting bit pale.

If there is some extra info needed, don't be shy to ask. Thank you in advance for help!

20200309_190045.jpg

20200309_190158.jpg

2. Julia Adkins

Julia Adkins aquariumfertilizer.com
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    12:16 AM
    I would not mix the two items together in a solution. First, iron is a micro or trace nutrient and is only needed in very small amounts unless your tank has a large number of red-leafed plants which I see from the picture above, it does not. It is a good idea to only mix as much nutrient into solution as your tank will use in a 2-3 week period of time and store it in a cool, dark place as any microscopic organism that finds its way into the solution will pig out on the nutrients available there. This depletes the solution of nutrients and can make the solution cloudy and clumpy.
    Potassium is a macronutrient and is needed in larger quantities on a more regular basis. Macronutrients are structural nutrients and are used as building blocks of the plant. Once again, only mix up the amount needed by the tank for 2-3 weeks, a month on the outside, and store in a cool, dark place like the refrigerator.