This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

False Pearling?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Billy Zwiener, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Billy Zwiener

Billy Zwiener Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:01 AM
    I have seen on a few forums the concept of "false pearling" after a water change because of the O2 introduced into the water from tap water etc. My curiosity is peaked by my environment though: I am using a combination of 50% tap, 50% RO Water which sits for 2 days afterwards (possibly enough time to reduce agitation?). Also, the "false pearling" doesn't just happen after the first day of the water change but rather for around 4 to 5 days after a water change. Would this still classify as "false pearling". The reason Im considering it's false pearling is it DOES minimize to even a stop by day 6 and 7 of EI, but the reason I am considering it is NOT false pearling is most people speaking of this concept say it happens for a day? Thanks for any thoughts. You have a great website here.