This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Support us by upgrading to the lifetime advertisement free version.

Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Fabco NV-55 at fault?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by agentkhiem, Oct 28, 2010.

1. agentkhiem

agentkhiem Junior Poster

Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    I've finally got my pressurized setup up and running tonight, but I ran into a problem with the Fabco needle valve. This is my first time using one of these, and I'm not sure how to fine tune it. I have it clockwise all the way to the right with a working pressure of 15 psi, but I'm not able to get the bubble rate to be anything less than 2 bubbles a second. Turning it all the way to the left doesn't seem to change the rate of flow either. I thought it was supposed to be "bubble tight". My needle valve already came with the knob installed, but it only does about 3 full turns. Any ideas?

Victor VTS 450 D - Burkert 6013A 1/8" - Fabco NV-55

EDIT: Issue has been resolved. Since my NV-55 came with the knob already attached, somehow the two small screws were preventing the needle valve from closing entirely. I'm able to achieve a much more precise output after loosening the two screws.

#1 agentkhiem, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2010
  2. barbarossa4122

barbarossa4122 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Hi agentkhiem ,

Glad you posted this in case others run into the same problem. Thanks.

3. agentkhiem

agentkhiem Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Yeah, that's something that should be checked, especially they advertise that it's capable of full 9 turns.

4. barbarossa4122

barbarossa4122 Guru Class Expert

Local Time: