Fabco-Air NV-55 with NPT ports - Anyone want one?

EntropyIV

Prolific Poster
Nov 30, 2010
Gainesville, FL
I had several people asking about NPT instead of 10-32 ports (for direct mounting).
Anyone here be interested in that? More interest = lower price, so chime in if you are.

hbosman

Guru Class Expert
Oct 22, 2008
Leesburg VA USA
EntropyIV;58971 said:
I had several people asking about NPT instead of 10-32 ports (for direct mounting).
Anyone here be interested in that? More interest = lower price, so chime in if you are.

Definitely. 1/8 " NPT would be great.

oldpunk

Guru Class Expert
Dec 1, 2009
I bet if word got out that the nv-55 came with a 1/8 npt port sales would climb a little. I would buy one to replace one I'm already happy with. I'd really like to mount it to my regulator. (without a tiny little fitting that I'd probably break)

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk

EntropyIV

Prolific Poster
Nov 30, 2010
Gainesville, FL
EntropyIV;58971 said:

Got some pricing back from management.
We could offer a 1/16 and 1/8 NPT version of the NV-55 for about $30 list (maybe a little less).
Bodies would be a little larger diameter to accommodate the ports, and the 1/8 would be hex, not round. Also, no panel mount threads and nuts. Internals would be identical.

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
I think the 1/8" npt would net you the most sales.
You guys have a link/order info?

Last edited by a moderator:

hbosman

Guru Class Expert
Oct 22, 2008
Leesburg VA USA
EntropyIV;58998 said:
We could offer a 1/16 and 1/8 NPT version of the NV-55 for about $30 list (maybe a little less).
Bodies would be a little larger diameter to accommodate the ports, and the 1/8 would be hex, not round. Also, no panel mount threads and nuts. Internals would be identical.

$30.00 for 1/8 NPT? Sold, let me know how to order.

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
EntropyIV;58998 said:
Fabco-Air NV-55 with NPT ports - Anyone want one?

Great idea. I'm sure that the #10-32 threads have deterred quite a few of us.
EntropyIV;58998 said:
Very reasonable!
EntropyIV;58998 said:
Bodies would be a little larger diameter to accommodate the ports,
This is fine.
EntropyIV;58998 said:
and the 1/8 would be hex, not round.
I'm lost and confused here. What does this mean? What fittings would be used? Will the 1/8" not be female NPT?

With 1/16", would this be NPT?

I'm sorry for all the questions. I'm just not understanding what you mean by "hex and not round."
EntropyIV;58998 said:
Also, no panel mount threads and nuts. Internals would be identical.
Sure. No problem.

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
hbosman;59011 said:
I thought he meant the shape of the body would be hex. If not, then I am confused too.
Thanks Henry! It makes sense now.

I had visions of using 1/8" Allen set screws. LOL

EntropyIV

Prolific Poster
Nov 30, 2010
Gainesville, FL
Matt F.;59000 said:
I think the 1/8" npt would net you the most sales.
You guys have a link/order info?

No ordering info yet. First we have to make them!
I have some final approval I have to go through before I can send it to production, but as soon as we have some made, I will get a link on here for ordering.

EntropyIV

Prolific Poster
Nov 30, 2010
Gainesville, FL
Just to kind of nail it down, you guys would want 1/8 NPT ports in both the side and bottom ports, and a 13/16" hex body is acceptable?

Might be a little cheaper list to keep the 10-32 in the bottom, as we could use the same bottom caps for both variations.
Is it worth a couple bucks to have both ports the same?

hbosman

Guru Class Expert
Oct 22, 2008
Leesburg VA USA
EntropyIV;59018 said:
Just to kind of nail it down, you guys would want 1/8 NPT ports in both the side and bottom ports, and a 13/16" hex body is acceptable?

Might be a little cheaper list to keep the 10-32 in the bottom, as we could use the same bottom caps for both variations.

It would be better if the bottom was 1/8 npt since that is where we would want to attach it to the regulator or solenoid.

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
EntropyIV;59018 said:

1/8" ports are needed on both sides.

anything smaller than a 13/16" body? a 5/8" perhaps? I don't want a needle valve that is the diameter of a large spark plug hanging off my rig. ;)

Thanks for providing an alternative.

hani

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2007
when do we order, i will be away for 3 weeks, but i will take 2.
hani

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
Is it possible to have some type of Vernier caliper micrometer handle as an option? Maybe something like Swagelok's or Ideal's.

Swagelok

Ideal (NOTE: this image shows the panel mount option with the micrometer handle; just look at the micrometer handle)
IdealPV_1_12pic-10.jpg

Swagelok's optional micrometer handle

SwagelokVernierHandleKit.jpg